In celebration of National Yoga Month, My Yoga Online is offering five free online yoga classes. They range from a five minute "Clear and Calm Workplace Flow" to a 76-minute "Yoga For Heart Opening and Rejuvenation." Hoorah for free yoga!
As previously mentioned, September is National Yoga Month (and heads up to the calendar challenged, today is the first of September). That means yoga movies and even more yoga stories in the already yoga-saturated news. But it also means lots of free yoga! A few of the freebies you should check out:
A few deals we thought you should know about:
- $39 for five Method Fitness women's bootcamp classes courtesy of Groupon. Classes are in NYC (Central Park).
- Gilt Group is kicking off a fitness and wellness weekend event today at noon. Log on for deals on Exhale Core Fusion classes, BluePrintCleanses, at-home Pilates reformers, yoga apparel and gear, running shoes, workout DVDs by Tracy Anderson and Michael Olajide, and clothing from Venus Williams' new line. Sign up at (if you're not already a Gilt member) www.gilt.com/eleven.
Deals you ought to know about:
- Today's NYC Groupon: a four-session package of either DivaHip Hop or DivaStrip dance classes at DivaDance Company for $32.
- Meanwhile, over at Gilt Group, they're giving away a free trip to Wanderlust 2011. (Wanderlust 2010 kicks off tomorrow! Still time for you to get on a plane to Tahoe!)
- And if you've already double-dipped on Equinox free passes but still need an affordable fix, consider Cheapquinox. Equinox is starting a new $20/month chain called Blink. First one opens this fall on Lafayette and East 4th.
OM Yoga on 12th & Broadway is looking for work studies. The deal: You help out around the studio with stuff like data entry, flyering, mat cleaning, and errands, and for every three hours you put in, you get two free yoga classes. Interested? Email email@example.com.
This week, Pure Yoga turns two, and to celebrate they're offering complimentary classes (though only one class per person, so you can't go totally nuts). Multiple classes available for the offer every day this week. But the most fun way to take advantage of the deal would be the Rock Your Chakras Anniversary Class, this Wednesday at 6:30 P.M. Live music courtesy of Derek Beres and EarthRise Sound System, plus organic wine, treats, and prizes. As a further bit of celebration, Pure has dropped their usual initiation fee to $2 this week, which is a better deal than the other supposedly fabulous deals they sometimes offer.